Friday, March 12, 2010

The Idea isn't original

I've always wanted to play tourist right here in Columbus. For years, I've been convinced that this city cannot possibly be as boring as people seem to think it is. I've found some great things to do here and there over the years, and I have decided to dedicate this summer to seeing as much here in Columbus and around Ohio as I possibly can. Essentially, I'm going to be making a bunch of day trips with my friends to experience what Columbus (and vicinity) has to offer from Restaurants to museums and even some parks. My goal here is partially to entertain myself and partially to give others some ideas for what is around here that they can enjoy. I'm not looking for fame (heck, if more than two people read this I might fall over in disbelief!) but I am looking to have my own little interesting corner.

The point of this post, more than anything, is to get suggestions. There are already plans in the works for some of the big things around Columbus like the Columbus Zoo & Aquarium, Franklin Park Conservatory, The Columbus Museum of Art and the Ohio Statehouse, but I want to hit some of the offbeat and lesser traveled places, too. The ideas are a mixture of what we know about, what we find in tourist pamphlets we grab from random hotels and what people suggest to us. Anywhere in Ohio is up for a trip! That's the beauty of being in Columbus, I can get almost anywhere and back in a day :-D

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to your suggestions. Sounds like a fun summer! Belinda

    ReplyDelete